Pages

Sunday, March 29, 2009

Its only taken 7 months...

I'm actually going to start with the second project I finished today because it was in fact a project started about 7 months ago. This particular outfit was going to be a present for my cousin's daughter but I ended up slightly stuffing up the neckline. As a result it got put away and forgotten about until I pulled it out today and thought I better finish it off.

As it turns out I am really pleased with the results. I found the neckline of the top quite tricky when I did it the first time round (7 months ago) but for some unknown reason didnt have too many issues with it today. I absolutely love the lettuce leaf edging (or is it cabbage leaf???) and considering its the very first time I've tried it, I'm stoked with how it turned out. The tshirt ended up being quite easy to make but the ruffled sleeves make it look far more complicated.

The pants were also very easy to make (and I love the material, so summery). I did slightly stuff up one pocket but thats only because I'm a twit sometimes not because the pattern was in anyway complicated.

Top Pattern: Ottobre 3/2007 Pattern 4
Pants Pattern: Ottobre 3/2007 Pattern 3
Material: Spotlight

6 comments:

Angela said...

wow it is a cute outfit and I love the sleeves and all the edging on the top!

Natalie Hennekam said...

awesome top!
*sigh* yet another thing to add to my list of things to try!

Austysmum said...

WOW! I love that top - I have been a fanb of those edgings for a while but not brave enough to attempt it yet. This might jut be the kick up the backside I need to make me try it.

Susan said...

Love it. Just gorgeous. Susan

Karen said...

Gorgeous - I've done the shorts that go with this top from Otto too.
I love the different coloured threads on each layer of the sleeves - I'd never be dedicated enough to re-thread that many times to do that - but it looks great!

Little Munchkins said...

Gorgeous outfit! I love lettuce edging too.